"PrepMD opened the door for me into the cardiac field, which would otherwise have been nearly impossible!"- Lindsay McClure, FCR Boston Scientific
PrepMD is founded by senior executives of the medical device industry. As hiring managers, both at a field-staffing level as well as at a strategic-organizational level, we understand both the needs of the device organization and the preferences of the hiring manager for recognizing key talent to achieve strategic goals.
Conducted within clinical settings of major medical centers in the metropolitan Boston area, clinical rotation experiences are also reinforced though hands-on lessons within the controlled environment of Prep LabTM, our unique on-site simulation lab facility.
PROGRAMMING / TIMING CYCLES / TROUBLESHOOTING
Understanding of the operational parameters of implantable CRM devices through sessions in PrepMD's "First in Class" Programmer BarTM, a one of a kind environment in which comparative device algorithm study is conducted.
CRM/ EP BUSINESS LECTURE SERIES
PrepMD students learn the details of business planning, market development, communication skills for sales and clinical support, as well as the commercial roles and expectations of successful field personnel supporting CRM/EP device use.
Includes interactive lectures anatomy and physiology, conduction system, pacemaker timing cycles, paced and non paced EKG analysis.
Sterile techniques, intra-operative device testing and implantation techniques, fluoroscopic image interpretation, EP study operational protocols.
Life at PrepMD
"The compassionate interest shown by each faculty member in our lives both professionally and personally add the “it” factor to the program. The wealth of knowledge from a technical standpoint coupled with inside knowledge from a business aspect has prepared me far beyond my initial expectations for my career in medical device. Guest speakers, social events with company hiring managers as well as hands on training both in the lab and within the hospital alongside world renowned Electrophysiologists has made this the greatest experience of my life; everything promised to me has become a reality.
- Jason Kindler, Sales Rep Sorin Group
- Founded on Industry: PrepMD is founded by senior executives of the medical device industry. As hiring managers, both at a field-staffing level as well as at a strategic-organizational level, we understand both the needs of the device organization and the preferences of the hiring manager for recognizing key talent to achieve strategic goals.
- Mentor Programs: Within the first week of starting classes, each student is assigned a Professional Development Advisor within PrepMD. These advisors assist with mock interviews, resume revision, personal counseling, and many other aspects of personal and professional growth.
- Constant Employer Contact: Employers from several different companies make onsite visits to PrepMD for interviews, COMPASS events, mentor presentations, and corporate training programs. Students are afforded the opportunity to meet and interact with hiring managers even before interviews begin.
- World Class Faculty: PrepMD's medical device specialist training is supported by 6 full time faculty members with a combined industry and healthcare experience of over 100 years! The range of skills and technical knowledge covered by the PrepMD faculty includes the clinical/practical application of CIEDs and Cardiac EP Technologies.
- Award-Winning Facility: PrepMD enjoys an 8000 sq. ft. facility in Braintree, MA fully equipped with simulation labs, programming equipment from multiple companies, a mock OR, and several other luxuries. Recently awarded the 2011 American School and University publication's "Outstanding Design for a US Training Center Facility."