"The faculty at PrepMD has created a win-win environment. Focused students with an open mind will get a job. I enjoyed my time at PrepMD and would recommend it to anyone focused and hardworking with a passion for the field."- Brian Runson, FCR Biotronik
PrepMD is founded by senior executives of the medical device industry. As hiring managers, both at a field-staffing level as well as at a strategic-organizational level, we understand both the needs of the device organization and the preferences of the hiring manager for recognizing key talent to achieve strategic goals.
The PrepMD program is comprised of three phases of curriculum:
Includes interactive lectures anatomy and physiology, conduction system, pacemaker timing cycles, paced and non paced EKG analysis.
Sterile techniques, intra-operative device testing and implantation techniques, fluoroscopic image interpretation, EP study operational protocols.
CRM/ EP BUSINESS LECTURE SERIES
PrepMD students learn the details of business planning, market development, communication skills for sales and clinical support, as well as the commercial roles and expectations of successful field personnel supporting CRM/EP device use.
PROGRAMMING / TIMING CYCLES / TROUBLESHOOTING
Understanding of the operational parameters of implantable CRM devices through sessions in PrepMD's "First in Class" Programmer BarTM, a one of a kind environment in which comparative device algorithm study is conducted.
Conducted within clinical settings of major medical centers in the metropolitan Boston area, clinical rotation experiences are also reinforced though hands-on lessons within the controlled environment of Prep LabTM, our unique on-site simulation lab facility.
Life at PrepMD
"The compassionate interest shown by each faculty member in our lives both professionally and personally add the “it” factor to the program. The wealth of knowledge from a technical standpoint coupled with inside knowledge from a business aspect has prepared me far beyond my initial expectations for my career in medical device. Guest speakers, social events with company hiring managers as well as hands on training both in the lab and within the hospital alongside world renowned Electrophysiologists has made this the greatest experience of my life; everything promised to me has become a reality."
- Jason Kindler, Sales Rep Impulse Dynamics
"PrepMD is truly a life changing decision. I went from having confusion about my future career in physical therapy, to having an exciting and interesting career in a new field. The small class size allows for as much 1 on 1 time as a student requires, as well as a great support group and friendships with the other students. PrepMD does a great job with preparing candidates with the technical knowledge, as well as the interviewing skills and relationship building that is crucial for this industry."
- Kyle Mikolowski, Field Associate PrepMD Professionals/Abbott
- Founded on Industry: PrepMD is founded by senior executives of the medical device industry. As hiring managers, both at a field-staffing level as well as at a strategic-organizational level, we understand both the needs of the device organization and the preferences of the hiring manager for recognizing key talent to achieve strategic goals.
- Mentor Programs: Within the first week of starting classes, each student is assigned a Professional Development Advisor within PrepMD. These advisors assist with mock interviews, resume revision, personal counseling, and many other aspects of personal and professional growth.
- Constant Employer Contact: Employers from several different companies make onsite visits to PrepMD for interviews, COMPASS events, mentor presentations, and corporate training programs. Students are afforded the opportunity to meet and interact with hiring managers even before interviews begin.
- World Class Faculty: PrepMD's medical device specialist training is supported by 6 full time faculty members with a combined industry and healthcare experience of over 100 years! The range of skills and technical knowledge covered by the PrepMD faculty includes the clinical/practical application of CIEDs and Cardiac EP Technologies.
- Award-Winning Facility: PrepMD enjoys an 8000 sq. ft. facility in Braintree, MA fully equipped with simulation labs, programming equipment from multiple companies, a mock OR, and several other luxuries. Recently awarded the 2011 American School and University publication's "Outstanding Design for a US Training Center Facility."