Work Study Internship
Key Intern Responsibilities:
PrepMD, an approved host company for the Mass Life Science Internship Challenge,
is currently searching for recent graduates from life science programs to work as Life Science Interns as part of our Work Study Program. PrepMD Life Science Interns will have the opportunity to complete their internship as part of a work study program while attending one of PrepMD’s six-month long training sessions.
PrepMD directly hires and places our student candidates in jobs as device specialists. With completion of our six-month training program, PrepMD graduates have been hired in careers with over a dozen different employers such as:
- Boston Scientific
- Bard EP
- St. Jude Medical
- Biosense Webster
to name just a few.
To provide recent graduates of life science programs with a project focused internship where they will receive hands on experience with cardiac implantable electronic devices with the ultimate goal of the internship project being the development of an alternate means of powering the Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices (CIEDS) used in PrepMD’s training program.
Life Sciences Interns will...
- be employed by PrepMD during the term of the work study program
- lead the development of an alternate means of powering the Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices (CIEDS) used in PrepMD’s training program.
- experience the actual implementation of CIEDs in the clinical environment in order to help them better prepare themselves as future device designers and manufactures.
- interact with engineers, clinical specialists, managers of PrepMDs corporate partners such as Massachusetts based companies like Boston Scientific and CR Bard.
- perform research focused on current and future CIED technology
- work on the development of a new device to simulator interface system
While the main focus of the current PrepMD Life Sciences Intern position is outlined above the intern will also be called upon to perform a variety of program support activities over the term of employment.
Contact me about this Opportunity
- July 22 - August 30: Initial Application review and candidate phone screens
- August 27: Internship Informational Webinar
- September 20: Be accepted to PrepMD Winter Session
- September 23: First round of interviews complete
- October 11: Final interviews complete and work study internship offers extended
Work Study Schedule
- Phase I November 4 - Feb 2: Full time internship begins
(Approximately 35 hours a week at PrepMD facilities)
- Phase II Feb 3 - April 30: Work study portion of program
(Approximately 5 hours a week while enrolled in onsite portion of PrepMD Curriculum)
- Phase III May 1 - June 6: Work duties complete
(Meet all final graduation requirements of PrepMD Career Training Program)
Qualified candidates must:
- Be an approved Mass Life Sciences Intern Challenge Candidate
- Have successfully completed their bachelors degree
- Ultimately applied for and been accepted to PrepMD’s six month tuition based training program
Preferred skill sets include but are not limited to the ability to:
- Design, organize, and coordinate experimental plans.
- Execute model building, testing, and documentation of efforts/results
- Create technical reports and presentations.
- Communicate project status and development activities to management team.
- Interest in or knowledge of circuit board design and layout tools a plus
- Strong desire to work hard and expand your understanding of the medical device industry